24 July 2008

tummy time

Finley loves tummy time.  Seriously--loves it more than Anden and Mckay ever did (combined)!  It probably helps that she has had a really strong neck since birth and has been able to lift her head up pretty well since then.  I'm sure face plants into the floor aren't terribly fun for babies.  Of course, she also loves to do this during tummy time:


I know, I know--I shouldn't let her do that!  It was only for about 5 minutes, then I felt so guilty I turned her back over and she promptly woke up!  She is going to be in heaven once she can turn onto her stomach to sleep at night.  Speaking of turning over...guess what Finley did today?  




Anden turned from his back to front a little before turning 4 months.  Mckay turned from front to back around 10-11 weeks.  Finley is right before 7 weeks.  I was busting at the seams today out of sheer pride for my little girl (who isn't looking little one bit these days!) and then I began to worry that this could be a foreshadowing of things to come--as in able to do things way sooner than I'd like her to be able to do them!  

I think I'm happy with my little lump of a baby who isn't very mobile...I wondered if her rolling over was a fluke thing, but she did it ALL day long!  Didn't help that I kept putting her on her tummy to see if she'd do it again.  :)  

3 comments:

Bethanne said...

Omigosh, I can't believe it. I was just contemplating last night how my baby girl just grew up WAY too fast. And at the time I LOVED it...but now I want my baby back! :) I'll have to post about it though...Good luck having three on-the-move... mwua-hahahahaha

The Bennetts said...

when the watchman & bennett cousins get together there is going to be way too much fun for this age group - three girls and two boys all within 6 months! So many cute cheeks to smooch on!

xóchitl said...

ummmm, that's insane! seriously turning over so early? i can't even remember when any of my kids turned over (without pulling out the first year calendar), but it was certainly not this early!
congrats finners. good going!