24 October 2008

great books

If you haven't read Eat This Not That and Eat This Not That for Kids (by David Zinczenko) you have to check them out.  I found them at our local library.

Really interesting info--and some of it so gross it's not even funny!  Both books are really good about explaining what is in all of those favorite foods we all like to eat (and why they shouldn't be our favorites)--both at restaurants and from the grocery store...

I think we've decided we need to move into the country to start a farm and garden.  I knew there was some nasty stuff out there, but I didn't realize (or maybe I've been in denial) about most of the convenience foods that we put in our bodies.  It might sound funny, but reading these books has even strengthened my testimony of the Word of Wisdom!

No comments: