10 January 2009

baking lessons

I've recently learned that a couple of keys to making really good cookies (I like mine thick and chewy--not flat and crispy):  Always melt the butter instead of just softening it (and creaming it with the sugar) and it helps to chill the dough for about an hour before putting into the oven.

We've been making all kinds of things lately--more cookies, pancakes, pizza sauce (the homemade pizza dough is on tap for this weekend), chocolate banana bread, and fruit smoothies.  I found a fun site called Start Cooking that is very basic but has good and simple recipes (yes, I like watching the quick instructional videos she includes).

I never knew I would enjoy this so much!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Honey, come cook for me. I really don't like it. I'll pay you to stay and make me yummy things every day.

MOM