Oh, and here is a really good homemade chocolate buttercream frosting (adapted from a recipe found on Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit):
1 stick butter, room temperature (I used unsalted)
1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1. Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated (it will be really thick).
3. Add 1/4 cup of milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get to the consistency you want (I ended up using about 3/4 cups of milk total).
Chocolate Buttercream
enough to frost 36 cupcakes
enough to frost 36 cupcakes
1 stick butter, room temperature (I used unsalted)
1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1. Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated (it will be really thick).
3. Add 1/4 cup of milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get to the consistency you want (I ended up using about 3/4 cups of milk total).
*see previous post
No comments:
Post a Comment