31 March 2009

a proud-momma-busting-her-buttons post: CAUTION

We spent the past couple of hours doing art projects (namely playing with stickers and coloring/drawing).  I asked Anden if he could draw a person and he said it was too hard (his main reason was that he didn't know how to draw a circle).  He decided he'd rather have me trace his hand...which I politely declined, lest I spend the next 45 minutes tracing hands.  So, I encouraged him to try it himself and showed him how.  He LOVED it (surprise, surprise) and proceeded to trace his hand umpteen times!  Here is his first one ever:

He then asked if I'd trace his and he'd trace mine.  Here is the result:

He finally agreed to try to draw circle after I pretended to cry (yes, I am horrid at times), which he did very well.  I wasn't shocked, but he was.  I then asked him if he could draw a face on it, which he did.  Here is his self portrait.  Yes, that is his tongue on the left (he's making a funny face) and he studied my eyes while getting his just right.  

I then asked if he could draw a picture of daddy. Here is what he came up with (he even wrote daddy for the first time across the top--I spelled it out for him):
Anden then asked me to make a copy of his drawings of himself and daddy (to color them).  He added a few 'squiggly lines' to his picture, but daddy's was significantly added upon:

I was quickly told that it looks like a lion, but it's really daddy with whiskers! Ha ha ha ha ha! I asked about the line down the middle of his face and Anden said it was to make it look like a doll (I'm guessing the seams in a baby dolls face where material is sewn together?). Too funny.

He told me that he didn't know how to draw my face, yet.  He'd think about it and do it later.  I sure love this kid!

No comments: