24 July 2009

fat lip

This past Tuesday was really fun at our house!  Mckay tripped while running into the kitchen (we have a gate up to keep kids out!) and not only got a nice fat lip, but somehow 'lacerated his gums' above one of his top front teeth.  Yes, that was the phrase from his dentist! Unfortunately, the gums weren't completely severed...um, yeah--DISGUSTING!  

I quickly took him to the dentist where he got cleaned up and was given a prescription for antibiotics.  The dentist thought it would have been too traumatic to numb him and cut the hanging gum tissue off, so it was left hanging (once again, DISGUSTING) to dry up and fall off naturally.  Thank heavens it fell off by Thursday morning.  His lip is looking much better and he acts like nothing happened.  What a trooper!

Of course, I had to take pictures--I know, twisted mother that I am!



No comments: