
Unfortunately for the kids, I've done all the "cooking" this weekend. Things finally came to a head when we were eating dinner tonight. Anden exasperated asked: "When are we going to have real dinner?" Of course, I was trying to get them fed and in bed as fast as I was able so dinner consisted of fruit, toast and apple strudel for dessert (I always enjoy pronouncing strudel with a heavy German accent--especially since it is rare that we have it or buy it from Costco as this was the case).
As I gave Little Lord Falderoy a second piece of toast he retorted: "Stop giving me toast; I want dinner!" The strudel didn't make him any happier. When I cleared the table Anden informed me that that wasn't dinner but more like a second lunch. I proposed calling it drunch--no laughter from the peanut gallery. Oh well, ich liebe mein strudel (I love my strudel).
3 comments:
you made me laugh - does that count?
love you stories!
dorkus
Thought this was so very funny...got a good kick out of it.
Miss you!
Post a Comment