06 January 2011

doodling is a favorite

We try to keep 'present mania' under control at Christmas by keeping it simple with each person getting something to read, something to wear, and something to play with. Christmas Eve brings new pajamas and a family board game. Other treats are given by grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc.

So, I was curious when Anden told us that they got to tell their kindergarten classmates yesterday what their favorite gift was for Christmas. (I'll be the first to admit I dislike this on many levels, not the least being those kids who might not have received much from Santa and/or feeling like it is a competition about who got the best or most).

What struck me as CRAZY (yep--this deserves an all caps description) is that the majority of kids in his class said their favorite presents were big ticket items like video game systems, cameras, iPhones, and iPads. Ummm, what 5-6 year old carries around an iPad? And why?! Thankfully Anden didn't think anything of it and proudly told everyone his favorite gift was this:


Yep--a drawing book! He's decided to draw pictures of he and his Daddy throughout the book and they are the most endearing pictures ever. Love it!

1 comment:

Pittman Four said...

I bought the Christmas doodle book for my classroom---
I love it too.

He has great taste!