18 March 2011

oops!

Holy cow! I had no idea that it had been two months since I last wrote on this blog...I guess we've been busy?

The beginning of February brought lots of ice and snow, complete with too many snow days home from school--which resulted in all six of us on antibiotics over a 3 week period (everyone got sinus infections and the kids all had ear and eye infections). I suppose that's what happens when you're stuck inside for too many days in a row and keep passing colds back and forth.


Anden turned 6 and seems to be getting bigger and older every day. Yes, I know he is technically getting bigger and older every day, but it seems to be at a much faster rate than normal. He lost two more teeth in February and is becoming a very responsible young man. He loves helping me with Graysen and is a reading champ now. The reading skill helps tremendously--he can do many more things all by himself and even entertain the masses when necessary! He and his siblings are loving all things Scooby Doo these days--I'm amazed how many Scooby Doo shows/movies our DVR finds every day. Seriously--that show has been on for over 40 years!


Mckay is doing great--his eyesight is improving quickly. He is still wearing a patch each day (over his strong eye) to strengthen the weak eye, but his doctor is really optimistic about how much better it is already. He started his speech classes (twice a week) at the elementary school a few weeks ago and loves it! We are thrilled, too. Mckay and Anden finished their second season of soccer and are now playing tball. There's only been one practice, but they have been having so much fun. Games begin in another week or so and should provide some fun entertainment for the family for the next couple of months!


Finley is into everything and a bundle of energy. No surprise there! Her speech is getting so clear and she is mastering all kinds of things: opening doors (including the front door!), opening the kitchen gate (yep, I keep the kids locked out of the kitchen), climbing out of her crib (she'll be in there until she's 4 if I have my way), dressing herself, etc. She loves to read and dance and sing and just be silly.


Graysen is the cutest thing around these parts. I cannot get enough of this child. I don't know if it's because he's probably our last, but he is just a bundle of love and snuggles. He's eating really well (still trying to master chewing and swallowing--has a bit of a problem moving his tongue out of the way to mash thicker/bigger solid foods) and sleeping okay--at least he's napping more, even if he's beginning to wake up at night to play in bed. He's also teething again (teeth number 7 and 8 are about to make an appearance soon) and has started pulling himself up standing. He loves to explore the house and play with his siblings.


Raegan has been working, working, and working some more. I've been organizing the house like crazy (nothing like spring cleaning therapy), eating some great food (some that I make and some that I buy) and reading lots of good books. By the way--thanks, Abbie, for writing about NurtureShock. What a great read--FASCINATING! Highly recommend to everyone.



Okay--I think that's enough of a catch up. Glad that it's finally feeling like spring outside and so happy it's the weekend!

4 comments:

The Happy Trapper said...

Everyone looks so happy! Thanks for the post! Love you guys

MOM said...

Finally, some new pictures. I was beginning to think you were just an ethereal voice at the end of a telephone line. Boy, did I use that big word correctly? hahahaha
You guys are looking good.

Bethanne said...

Cute pictures. BTW, what is on Anden's head in the first shot? And that picture of Finley is hilarious. Boy that kid is full of it!

Rebecca said...

Hey! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement:) It was fun to get updated on your BIG family! Holy Cow! Time flies! I am definitely going to have to check out NurtureShock now. Hmm I think I have some AUdible credits...I wonder if they have it.