It started out as a small project, but quickly turned into a huge project that seemed to never end. We ended up putting bead board in several rooms/hallways, removed big fluorescent light boxes in the kitchen, added pendant lighting, added almost thirty recessed lights throughout (and changed out the trim for all of our existing recessed lights), replaced the glass doors and stone around the fireplace, removed vertical blinds and replaced curtain rods throughout, replaced all of the tile flooring throughout, added crown moulding in several rooms, gutted two bathrooms completely and remodeled another bathroom about 75%, added a walk-in pantry off of the kitchen hallway, and painted painted painted (all trim/doors throughout and almost all of the rooms). I still can't believe all that we did. Of course I can't find any of the before photos I took before the demo started...and only took a few photos during the process. Here are a few that sort of give an idea of what happened:
Hallway off of the kitchen (taped up during demo of the kitchen tile):
During tiling and before painting:
After the kitchen was painted (we went through several colors!):
After shot of the family room:
During and after shots of the laundry room:
Framing of the new walk-in shower in the master bathroom (we removed the useless jetted tub and enlarged the shower);
Now we're looking forward to the day when we can have the kitchen counters replaced (we put quartz in the kids' bathroom and LOVE it)...one day, right?!
3 comments:
really nice! Love the updates.
I can't wait to get there and see it for myself. It looks wonderful.
Ohhhh - I am liking the new kitchen color! I don't think that was done when we were there.
Post a Comment