Last night and today have been wonderful (imagine lots of sarcasm). Finley was doing great--sleeping 3-3.5 hours at a time last night, when McKay started crying around 3 AM. Raegan found him covered in the contents of a nasty diaper (his whole crib/blankets/babies were covered, actually) and so he got a middle of the night bath. Ugh! Raegan stayed up with him and read him some books while I cleaned his room and tried to air it out (and washed laundry). About 15 minutes after we got him back to sleep, Finley woke up to nurse, of course. She has been up most of the day today, with very little napping. Oh, and Anden decided to get up about an hour early for no apparent reason this morning. Raegan just crawled into bed with him, rather than make threats to get him to go back to sleep (which, I will admit I would have done). Anden just played while Raegan slept, of course.
No one got enough sleep. Needless to say, my loving children have been less than happy and sweet today. After Anden was put into timeout for the millionth time, he actually told me that I was "a mean mommy." What?! He's three years old! Since when do three year olds use that phrase? I thought I wouldn't have to hear that for another 10 years or so...
This weekend can't come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment