09 March 2010

ready for a nap

Great trip to Costco this afternoon. The boys asked if they could walk (instead of ride in the grocery cart) and I consented. Little did I know that Finley would throw a HUGE tantrum when I wouldn't let her get out of the cart. She screamed and sobbed for well over 10 straight minutes (until I could give her a sample of food to eat)--and then she started up again. I gave her a hug, told her to hush, and proceeded to ignore her as much as possible. The funny thing was that most of the men in the store looked at me sympathetically or tried to cheer her up as we walked around. The women? Ummm, not so much--I got some lovely glances my way...

It was a LONG 30 minute shopping trip. I was practically running through the store, just to get out of there. Not easy with my big belly and aching back (and a heavy cart). And Raegan wonders why I dislike taking the kids to the store by myself...

1 comment:

Bethanne said...

Dude, your Costco (which we graced with our presence today) was so empty...there is never a good time for us to go to the one in Plano...although going to Costco with kids in tow is never super easy. Yikes.

BTW, thanks for letting us drop the invite by today. Love you!